Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fasten Seatbelt While Seated - Why?

FSWS for short

Why indeed.  Why: because I've read this particular sentence and several variations too many times to count, especially recently.  It seems to apply to my life both literally and figuratively.  Whether I bring on the challenges myself or they just happen to be a part of my history and my future, there is no shortage of where to apply this particular blog title to my life.  Period.

If you know me well, or even somewhat well, you are probably already aware of how well this may suit the overarching theme of my life regardless of how those events occur.

I've decided to start blogging because I never seem to have enough time to catch up on my personal journaling these days.  There never seems to be a good space, place or time to actually write my journals.  And the actual process of physically writing has become, well, painful some days due to medical issues.  So I've decided to try this method with the hope that I would be able to journal more often.  I have journals going back 25 years.  At least, I've been journaling that long although I may not be able to lay my hands on those journals since particular events may have claimed those writings forevermore.  Which is sad, but also another reason why I've considered this method.

I journal for myself, and perhaps my daughter.  No one else usually reads them and my daughter is not old enough to be allowed.  I blog primarily for this reason as well.

Finally, I am starting to blog because of our imminent move overseas which will perhaps leave a hole in my world.  And I've probably invited you to read my blog because there is a thought someone might like to share in my adventurous world, or because someone has expressed that there is or will be a hole I once filled for them.  This is my solution for those who enjoy living vicariously through others and sometimes through me.  I hope it will at least be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment